Thanksgiving…Gratitude is the Attitude!
- Focus on feelings of gratitude and connections with family and friends.
- Indulge in favorite foods mindfully by savoring and enjoying each bite without guilt.
- Overindulge? Forgive yourself and move on…
- And move! Take a walk to get the digestive juices flowing.
- Try a new healthy recipe. A veggie side dish or salad. Beet slaw? Yum!
Quick Beet Slaw ~ Enjoy the healing power of beets without all the work by using delicious fully cooked vacuum packed beets.
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon celery seed
3 medium cooked beets, chopped (I like Love Beets)
8 oz shredded broccoli slaw mix.
Handful fresh parsley, chopped.
Optional add-ins like chopped nuts, chopped apple, feta cheese, tahini In large bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, celery seed. Combine with remaining ingredients. Enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Eat your Beets! Beets:
- Support Detoxification
- Help keep blood pressure in check
- Are loaded with fiber
- Improve heart health
- Are anti-inflammatory
How can you beet that?