45 Samoset Street
Plymouth, MA 02360
Tel. (508) 591-0730
Call Today to Book an Appointment!
We are in and out of appointments all day. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we have a minute.
Have questions? Want to request an appointment? Please fill out the contact form below.
Add-Ons to Your Massage – Can I add on hot stones to massage when I am there?
- Based on the therapist’s skills, you may add these services without adding extra time in your massage. Advanced notice would be ideal but usually we could add services without the extra notice: hot stones, aromatherapy, cupping, stretching. To see a more updated list or if anything has changed, please see the services tab.
- These services do require advance notice: Kinesiology Taping, stretching that does not take away from hands-on massage time.
Appointments – How do I make an appointment?
- We are by appointment only.
- The quickest and easiest way to make an appointment is to BOOK ONLINE.
- Please note, you cannot make same day appointments online. If you are looking for same day appointments, please call and leave a message.
- You can text or call 508-591-0730. We are in and out of appointments all day and do our best to check messages, but you must leave a message for us to call you back.
- Texting would be quicker as we usually can look at the text between appointments.
- Listening to voicemail is sometimes a bit more challenging and will usually take more time to get back to you, if we have back-to-back appointments.
- If we do not respond to you, please feel free to contact us again, sometimes your message may get lost in the shuffle of the day.
- The length of sessions we offer are 30-, 60-, 90-, 120-minute. If you are looking for something in-between, just let us know, we would be happy to work with you.
- If you do not see a day or time that works for you, please contact us by telephone, email or text, it is possible we might be able to rearrange things to make room. We try our best to accommodate your needs and if we can, we are happy to oblige.
- We do have a waitlist. You can call, text or email us to let us know you would be interested in an appointment for a certain day and time frame. If something opens, we can contact you.
Body Noises, Etc. – What if my body makes a noise or I get an erection?
- It’s all a part of life – it happens. No need to be embarrassed. Our therapists are very professional and don’t even take notice of such things.
Cancellations/Reschedules – What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
- We do have a 24-Hour Cancellation Rescheduling Policy.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please contact us immediately. You will be charged the full rate of your session should you not give us 24-hour notice.
- You will be charged the full rate of your session, even if you book it that day and then cancel or reschedule.
Ways to avoid extra charges:
- Cancel or reschedule prior to 24 hours’ notice
- Give as much notice as possible. If you are starting to feel sick or might not be able to make it, we would suggest contacting our studio as soon as you think there might be a chance that you cannot make your appointment so that we can work with you and/or try to find a standby replacement.
- Send another person in your place.
- Be sure we have the correct email and cell phone number for you so that you will receive reminders of your appointment.
- During winter months, if there is inclement weather and the Plymouth Schools are closed, we will be closed as well, and therefore, you will not be charged during this time. Please feel free to check in with us during this time or even the next day.
Couples Massages – Do you do couples massage?
- At this time, we cannot do couples massages in the same room.
- At times, we can try to schedule having two people receive massages at the same time.
Directions – How do we get there?
- We are very easy to find. From Route 3 South – take exit 6 or from Route 3 North – Take exit 6A (second exit)
- You will be heading towards the waterfront.
- We are .5 miles off the exit on the left-hand side of the street.
Draping – Will I be naked on the table?
- You will always have a sheet over you.
- The area being worked will be uncovered and then covered back up when complete.
- It is completely up to you if you would like to remove all of your clothing or keep your underwear on. If you are having lower back pain, sciatica or glut issues, it is easier for the therapist to work the area without underwear on, however, it is whatever you are comfortable with.
- The therapist will leave the room when you disrobe and get on the table and will knock upon returning to the room.
Injury – What if I hurt myself or just got in a car accident?
- If you have an injury, you should see your physician before getting a massage.
- If your injured area is red, swollen, warm/hot, you should not get a massage.
- You need to wait at least 48 hours after your injury before considering a massage – in the meantime, RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) – is a good route to go depending on the injury.
- If you got in a car accident, you must wait at least one week and have had no symptoms from the accident.
- As a general rule of thumb, you should always see your physician.
Late – What if I arrive late?
- If you arrive late, we will do our best to give you extra time at the end, but most times it is not possible, as we have already booked appointments and the time that we do have in between is used by getting ready for the next client as well as preparing ourselves for the next client. Our job is very physical, and we do need time in between each client so that we do not get injured.
- You will be responsible for full payment of the session. If you have a 90-minute massage and we can only give you 60-minutes due to your lateness, you are still required to pay the full 90-minute session as that is the time we have set aside for you.
Gift Certificates – How can they be purchased and what is your policy on them?
- Gift Certificates can be purchased by going to our online scheduling program (Click HERE to purchase Gift Certificate). You do have to log in to our system.
- You can purchase a gift certificate by dollar amount.
- At times, we may run specials through “Gift Card Cafe” and we will sell gift certificates with savings on our services as opposed to specific dollar amounts. When we do that, if you are on our email list, you will receive an email with a specific link or you may find it on our “Promotions” page or through social media when they are available.
The following is our policies with regard to redeeming the gift certificates:
- Gift Certificate must be presented to be redeemed.
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
- No cash back.
- Limit 1 per visit and for the option purchased (the time cannot be altered, i.e, a 60 minute into two 30 minutes).
- If multiple massages are bought on the same gift certificate they can only be used by the same person who redeems the gift certificate.
- Expires 7 years from date of issue.
- Gift Certificates are subject to our 24-hour cancellation/rescheduling policy.
Licenses – Why is it important for a studio or therapist to be licensed?
- Touching another person’s body without proper training and knowing what to look out for can be fatal. It is also important that you fill out a health history form because there are definite contraindications to a massage – maybe even some you would not think were. If you have any issues going on, we recommend you contact us immediately and discuss it with us, as well as your physician. There are times when we will need to get a physician’s approval to work on you.
- Be sure that any place you receive a massage has an establishment license hanging where you can see it, along with the therapist you are seeing. It needs to be up-to-date and hanging in the public view.
- You can also visit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ WEBSITE to verify license status.
- If a location is not licensed or the therapist is not licensed, there could be some “shady” stuff that is going on inside that facility.
Music – What if I don’t like the music that is played?
- We have “Alexa” in all the rooms that play Pandora music. You can be completely in charge of the music you would like to have played while receiving massage.
Parking – Is it hard to find parking or do we have to pay for parking?
- We have free off-street parking in the back of the building.
Pre-Paid Packages and Memberships – Is there a way to save money if I want to come more often?
- We offer pre-paid packages and membership in case you would like to make massage part of your wellness routine and/or you are dealing with a chronic issue that is causing you pain.
- If you have been having chronic pain, if may be necessary to have a massage once a week for 3 to 4 weeks depending on the issue.
- The best value is our memberships. Massage should play a vital role in your wellness routine, just as exercising and eating healthy should. Google all the benefits of massage. There are far too many to list.
Session Information – What happens during a massage session?
- After you complete a Health History Form, your therapist will go over the form with you and discuss any issues you are having or have had in the past. From that information, you and the therapist will devise a customized treatment plan for your session to provide you the most benefit from the massage.
- Based on the skills of the therapist and the discussion you have with the therapist; different modalities will be incorporated into your massage. You don’t have to worry about the type of massage Deep Tissue, Sports, Swedish.
- You are always in complete control of your massage. It is very important to inform your therapist if the pressure is too much or not enough. Massage should NOT be painful. It can be uncomfortable and can be considered to be “good” pain as opposed to “bad” pain, should YOU choose to have those knots worked on – but always remember, YOU are in control and it is up to you to tell the therapist when the pressure is too much.
- The session time incorporates time to discuss your needs with the therapist, undressing and redressing.
Tipping – What is the etiquette on tipping?
- Tipping is a personal preference. Massage is very physical, and your therapist works very hard to prepare and give you the best massage they can to make sure your body can do what you want it to do. It’s considered nice to tip generously in order to show your appreciation for services rendered and to ensure great service in the future.
- There are no specific guidelines for tipping. Tipping is usually based on the full value of the service and can range from 15% to 25%.
- Owners of businesses used to charge more for their services compared to the other therapist, therefore, tipping was not typically done, however, now the owners of business charge the same as the therapist, therefore, for these reasons the “proper etiquette for tipping owners” has changed.
- Tipping in cash is preferred.
Sexual Behavior – it will not be tolerated!
- Due to the potential for misguided people to make inappropriate sexual advances in this industry, we wish to prevent any embarrassing predicaments by making it clear to all in advance, that any solicitation for overt sexual acts, subtle hints or comments regarding “happy endings” (even if made as a joke) will result in the immediate termination of the treatment. Please be advised that removing or attempting to remove the draping to expose genitalia or your glutes will be considered inappropriate conduct. Should you require techniques in those areas of the body, please discuss your need with your therapist prior to the treatment as it is our strict policy to call the police, file a report and follow through with the filing of charges should any misconduct or requests for illegal acts occur. Should such an unfortunate incident occur, you will be required to pay the full amount of your treatment. Failure to pay for your treatment could result in further filing of charges.
Waiting Area – What if I don’t see anyone when I walk in the front door?
- The foyer in our building is for you to come in, take your coat off, get settled, take a breather and complete the Health History Form if this is your first time here with us.
- Please be sure that you close the front door. There is an alarm to alert the therapist that you have arrived – but if the door is not completely shut, the alarm continues to sound.
- The therapist will come and get you when the room and therapist is ready for your appointment. At that time, you will be brought back to the massage room, your health history form will be reviewed and discussed, along with your plan for your treatment. You will be able to use the restroom before your session and then you will disrobe, and the therapist will knock on your door and your massage will begin.
- We have you wait in the foyer so that it will give other clients privacy when checking out and also your therapist time to prepare for your session.
- We do lock the slider to the office area so that no one can enter while we are in massages – but during that time, please feel free to just destress until your appointment time!
Weather – If there is a blizzard and I cancel will I still be charged for cancelling?
- In inclement weather, if the Plymouth Schools are closed, we will be closed as well.
- It is always a good idea when in doubt to check in, as we have therapist that come from other local towns where their conditions may be worse and may not have phone service – so it is always better to check – especially on a day or two after a storm – as the schools may be still closed – but we could open if everyone can arrive safely to and from their locations.